Topsail Presbyterian Church Committee Responsibilities Overview
Chairpersons: Gary Schwarz, David Garner (270-1406)
- Plan for and attend to the maintenance of the church’s facilities, grounds and equipment, making a monthly inspection of the property, determining repairs and replacements that are needed, securing cost estimates for the work, employing persons to do the work, overseeing their efforts and informing the treasurer about payment. Maintain an up-to-date inventory of the church’s property and supplies.
- Purchase church equipment and maintenance, kitchen and janitorial supplies.
- Purchase and maintain adequate property and liability insurance for the church.
- Oversee the care of the kitchen, its equipment and utensils, with Presbyterian Women/Fellowship committee representative.
- Organize and coordinate church work days and clean up events.
- Regularly inspect the building.
- Set policies for using the church’s property by outside groups (excluding weddings and funerals), and serve as the liaison between the church and those groups.
- Bear responsibility for building security and fire prevention.
- Make recommendations for major improvements to the buildings, grounds and parking areas.
- Prepare annually a budget and submit it to the stewardship Committee for the support of needed equipment and for church maintenance, repairs and supplies.