Topsail Presbyterian Church Committee Responsibilities Overview
- Promote world and local missions among church members, planning and presenting an adequate schedule of Witness Season activities and securing mission speakers for the church.
- Identify benevolent causes the church should support.
- Promote the support of the church’s benevolent budget and causes.
- Research the community’s needs and determine ways of responding to those needs.
- Publicize the community’s social service programs and involve church members in those ministries.
- Help members find ways to provide Christian service through their occupations.
- Shall recommend to the Session and be responsible for promoting and collecting the special offerings (One Great Hour of Sharing, Pentecost, Peacemaking, and the Christmas Joy Gift Offering) made on behalf of the General Assembly and Presbytery.
- Prepare annually a budget for the support of the committee’s programs to be submitted to the Stewardship Committee.
Topsail Mission Committee Update
The Mission Committee will be providing a brief update each month to let the congregation know the status of some of the mission efforts the committee is undertaking, and possibly to make you aware of outreach of the church you didn’t know about..
The cleaning supplies (I.E. Flood Buckets) that were collected by the Topsail Presbyterian Women were delivered to a distribution location at the Jerusalem Center in Andrews, SC. In Andrews, there have been some initial repairs on homes in the city, but many people in the town have needs that have yet to be met. Just minutes before our buckets were added to the cleaning supplies, clothing, food, and other items being distributed,, two ladies arrived hoping to find help. The mission committee is looking at other ways that TPC can assist the people hit hardest in South Carolina, and you can expect to hear about those efforts in the coming weeks.
In mid-January, the committee had our first meeting in 2016. One of the things we are trying to do as a committee is to assist missions already being undertaken by other organizations in the church such as the Presbyterian Women, the Youth, and others. As we are organizing our committee efforts for the rest of the year, we would invite those interested in participating to join the committee. Those interested can contact the committee chair, Jamie Tyson.