Topsail Presbyterian Church Committee Responsibilities Overview
- Bear overall responsibility for the collecting, counting, depositing, recording of the congregation’s offerings.
- Counsel when requests for non-budgeted expenses arise.
- Oversee and assist the treasurer’s work in accounting, receiving and disbursing money, and in providing Session a detailed monthly financial report showing receipts and disbursements.
- Keep the congregation informed about the financial giving of members through monthly reports to the congregation on the church budget and special offerings.
- Ensure that the church’s financial records are independently audited annually.
- Receive memorial and special gifts and see that these are properly acknowledged.
- Review the annual budget prepared by the stewardship committee and submit it to the session for approval.